Deadline: 20 May 2015
On the occasion of its fifth anniversary, the Seed Foundation Fund organizes the SEED Foundation Award. The fund is intended to reward innovative actions, based on the agricultural and agribusiness development in Africa, and thus contribute to the sustainable development of rural areas. All French organization of general interest (association, NGO etc) can deliver Tax receipts CERFA and working alongside a local partner (the local partner must be an African non-profit organization). The Awards are open to all organizations, whether or not already benefited from support.
- The Audience Award “fertile lands”: 4000 € reward an initiative that aims to improve local agricultural production at large.
- The Prize “Land and dies”: 4000 € reward an innovative approach in the processing and marketing affecting the entire industry to connect family agriculture markets.
- The Prize “Future Lands”: 6000 € to honor an accomplished capitalization initiative, so that agricultural innovations and impacts beyond the scope of the project.
The action must be carried out in one of these countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Sao Lomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Chad and Togo.
- For these awards, SEED Foundation wishes to reward agricultural initiatives carried out by a French project developer and a local partner have worked together to design, implement and evaluate the action.
- The body having the application must be a French organization of general interest (association, NGO). Its local partner can be an African non-profit organization (association, NGOs, farmers’ organization, research organization and / or training).
- The beneficiaries of the action cannot be considered as a partner.
- The initiative presented must have been completed between 1 January 2010 and 31 December 2013.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website. The winner will be the organization whose innovation has received the highest number of public votes.
For more information, please visit SEED Awards.