Deadline: 7 February 2016
SEED Foundation is seeking applications from organisations for its 2016 grant projects to support pilot projects in favor of an innovative agricultural development.
The mission of Seed Foundation is to support agricultural and rural development in Africa to improve food security and living conditions of the most vulnerable population.
SEED Foundation’s team will pay particular attention to the following areas:
- The relationship between staffing and total project budget: Priority will be given to projects where staffing SEED Foundation is decisive in the budget.
- The number of beneficiaries: Priority is given to small groups of beneficiaries.
- The steps of the sector concerned by the project: Priority will be given to projects affecting several steps in the chain.
The team of SEED Foundation and the Selection Committee will determine which projects offer the best balance between these different elements:
- The capacity of the project owner and the local partner
- The local anchoring and consistency with the context of the region
- The consistency of the budget and the financial package
- Compliance with sustainable development objectives and environmental dimension
- The project impacts and the existence of evaluation systems
- The outlook and long-term vision of the project: development and capitalization
- Durability and sustainability of the action
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Equatorial, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Uganda, Republic Central Africa, Republic democratic Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Eligibility of the project leader
- To be an organization that can issue tax receipts CERFA;
- Have experience in the field of agricultural development in Africa.
- Eligibility of local partner
- Being a non-profit organization or a player in the social and solidarity entrepreneurship;
- Actively participate in project design and implementation;
- Have the ability to continue the process without the support of the carrier to end of the project.
- Eligibility Project
- Be subject to the creation of agricultural activities and / or sustainable agribusiness that create added value at the local level and to improve access to healthy food;
- Take place in Africa in an eligible country;
- Being innovative ;
- Determine their pilot phase with a start-up Phase 1 of this year at the time of filing;
- Sign in duration.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Seed Foundation Grants 2016.