Deadline: 15 November 2015
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa for providing small grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
Size of Grants
The size of the grant will be US$5,000.
- advancement of education in information technology to the African society.
- to provide the African society with a continental Internet domain name to have access to Internet services for the people of Africa as a purpose beneficial to the public in general.
In order to be eligible for the grant, the applicant must:
- Be a Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Be applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Have ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Be Committed to develop and contribute to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Have demonstrated leadership potential
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by sending an expression of Interest (EOIs) at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Seed Fund.