Deadline: 30 October 2015
AGCO is currently inviting applications from young peoples in Africa for its Africa Ambassador Contest 2016 to innovative ideas or business concepts that could help to develop the agricultural sector in Africa in an inclusive way.
Agribusiness in Africa is Inclusive and Sustainable Growth the Summit will showcase innovations in agricultural financing; advances in supply chain linkages connecting farmers to their markets; and original business ideas promoting food nutrition, crop diversification and food security – all through the lens of sustainable and inclusive development.
Prizes & benefits
Successful participants will be
- Hosting the AGCO Africa Summit on January 18, 2016 in Berlin, Germany.
- Representing your continent for AGCO as an AGCO Africa Ambassador at the International Green Week fair in Berlin, Germany from January 15-24, 2016.
- Responsibility in regular reporting (bi-weekly) about trends and developments in African agriculture and economy as well as AGCO‘s activities in Africa on Face book, Twitter and YouTube in posts, uploads and video messages during the one year contract period (when appropriate, participation at AGCO events in Africa).
- $10,000.00 cash award at the beginning of the one-year contract.
- Reimbursement for all reasonable traveling expenses solely related to participation as the AGCO Africa Ambassador.
- Minimum age: twenty-one (21) years old.
- Fluent in spoken English.
- Men and women are welcome to participate in the contest.
- Present residence in an African country.
- May not be an employee or immediate family member of an employee with AGCO.
- Proof of African origin and valid passport from an African country.
- Some experience with speaking in front of a large audience.
- Must be available to participate in both Events: International Green Week Fair (January 15-24, 2016) and AGCO Africa Summit (January 18, 2016).
- Must be eligible to receive a visa to enter Germany during the Event.
How to Apply
- Applicants must fill the online registration form through the website.
- Applicants can enter the Program by creating and submitting a video of themselves explaining why they should be chosen to act as the AGCO Africa Ambassador to Germany during the Event.
For more information, please visit AGCO.