The US African Development Foundation supports African-led development that grows community enterprises by providing seed capital and technical support. The main purpose of USADF is to foster hope, growth, and goodwill in Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Enterprise Expansion Grants (EEG) – Provides funding up to $250,000 over five years for established enterprises and organizations with a viable growth and expansion plan.
- Operational Assistance Grants (OAG) – Provides funding up to $100,000 over two years for improving financial, managerial, and technical capacity, and for limited fixed capital or working capital items. This grant positions the organization to more effectively utilize future expansion funding.
USADF operates in 19 African Countries – Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- USADF provides funding for the following types of groups:
- Agricultural Cooperatives and Small-Scale Producer groups – An organization formed by a group of small-scale farmers, artisans, or producers to achieve some or all of the advantages of large-scale marketing and production.
- Community based Organizations (CBOs) – An organization made up of a group of people who come together to accomplish a common goal or a set of goals tailored to meet the development needs of their community.
- African Intermediary Organizations (AIOs) – An organization that works directly with very low-income people and underserved groups.
- USADF does not provide funding to government agencies, political parties, or organizations that are not based in Africa.
Applicants can download the application form and submit the completed form.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
For more information, visit ADF.