Deadline: 24 April 2016
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), through the intermediary of the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF), based in Lomé, and with the financial support of the Agence Françoise de Development (AFD) is currently inviting the national, regional, or international organizations to conduct innovative projects favoring improved food and nutrition security in West Africa.
The “Innovative Operations for Food and Nutrition Security” initiative falls under the implementation of the ECOWAS common agricultural policy (ECOWAP). It aims first to develop the competitive fund management capacities of the RAAF, responsible for ECOWAP implementation, and second to stimulate the development of innovative practices in the field of food and nutrition security within the ECOWAS region.
For this initiative, ECOWAS has an envelope of € eight hundred thousand (800 000) to finance a certain number of projects in the region to be implemented over a period of twelve (12) months at most.
- The initiative aims to fund projects carried by organizations the status of which is specified in the “Special Provisions” Section.
- These organizations must:
- prove their capacity to implement large-scale projects: organizations shall only be eligible if the budget of the submitted project does not represent more than 35% of the average annual resources for the past three (3) years (2013-2014-2015) of the organization submitting the proposal;
- have experience implementing development projects; and
- have previous experience in one of the topic areas described in the “Special Provisions” Section.
- The organizations targeted to submit proposals are specified in the “Special Provisions” Section.
- Groups are encouraged, but the projected activities and remunerations of each partner organization must be explicitly listed in the various components of the project.
How to Apply
All applications materials must be submitted in a prescribed format via email.
For more information, please visit ECOWAS.