Deadline for short course registration: 25 April 2016
Deadline for NFP: 20 October 2015
Wageningen UR Center for Development Innovation (CDI) will conduct short term course “Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of food and nutrition security programmes” from 6 June 2016 to 24 June 2016 in the Netherlands.
In this course participants will learn what a M&E system for food and nutrition security entails. Emphasis will be placed on what steps are needed within the M&E system to facilitate impact assessment. The course stresses the need for careful selection of indicators in designing information support systems. A scientific basis is used for analysis and interpretation of M&E data to be able to design strong policy on food and nutrition security.
The course is targeted at professionals from the field of food and nutrition security. Highly skilled experts will facilitate the course to ensure participants will obtain sufficient knowledge. The training approach is interactive, experience- as well as evidence-based. Transfer of knowledge will go hand-in-hand with working in international groups or individually on case studies. This course is given together with Wageningen University, Division of Human Nutrition.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Have new insights into the principles of participatory and learning-oriented, monitoring and evaluation planning in food and nutrition security;
- Have strengthened your competence to design a M&E system including assessments for food and nutrition security programmes and/or projects;
- Have clear ideas for improving M&E systems and impact assessments for food and nutrition security.
- This course is open to MSc students in a related field of study.
- Applicants should have a BSc or equivalent in the field of food and nutrition, food science, home economics, agriculture, medicine or a related field of study, as well as at least three years of professional experience related to the theme of the course.
- Proficiency in English is required, as well as basic computer skills
For more information, please visit CID Course Monitoring and Evaluation.