Deadline: 20 June 2016
The United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development is seeking applications from nonprofit corporations and institutions for Rural Cooperative Development Grant Program (RCDG) with an aim to improve the economic condition of rural areas by assisting individuals and businesses in the startup, expansion or operational improvement of rural cooperatives and other mutually-owned businesses through Cooperative Development Centers.
Funding Information: The maximum award amount per grant is $200,000.
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Developing business plans
- Providing leadership and operational improvement training
- Facilitating strategic planning
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- The Center can be located in any area, but the individuals and business assisted must be located in an eligible rural area.
- All project activities must be for the benefit of a rural area.
- Only one application can be submitted per applicant.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Rural Cooperative Development Grant.
Marissa Mohamed says
To whom it may concern,
Are the Caribbean Sub Regional territories eligible for this fund?
Deepika Singh says
For this particular opportunity Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education are eligible.
For information regarding the application procedure, eligibility criteria and more , please visit the link provided at the end of the post.