Deadline: 7 Feb 2013
Applications are invited by ActionAid UK from qualified and experienced candidates for the job/vacancy of International Communications Volunteer. The locations of this position will be based in Central London. Kindly note that this position is for 3 days a week for up to 3 months (immediate start)s. This is Unpaid position but reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses to and from office location (within London) and for lunch.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Knowledge and Experience
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- A desire to work in a communications/marketing/digital/campaigning environment.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and social media platforms.
- Experience of juggling multiple projects to different deadlines
- A commitment to ActionAid’s mission and values and to equal opportunities
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities.
- Experience of working in a fundraising organisation.
- Knowledge of content management systems and image-editing software.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the digital community.
Skills and Abilities
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Able to organise logistics effectively and independently.
- Team Player
- Able to interact with members of the team at all levels.
- Methodical approach to tasks.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Experience of using cataloguing system(in particular CatDV)
- Able use video editing software (in particular FCP 7)
- Ability to critique creative work.
Please email your CV, covering letter and equal opportunities monitoring form to [email protected]
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more info please visit this link.