Deadline: 14 February 2016
Applications are now open for the 2016 round of the Asia Journalism Fellowship (AJF), which will run in Singapore from 18 July to 7 October 2016. The programme aims to boost the Fellows competency and their commitment, through an intense and even life-changing experience.
The Fellowship provides mid-career journalists the chance to sharpen professional skills, deepen domain knowledge, strengthen commitment to their public mission, and form lifelong friendships.
Fellows receive a return air fare, accommodation and a stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- Be residing in Asia.
- Have at least five years of professional journalism experience, not including student journalism.
- Be currently working as a journalist. Freelancers are eligible, if journalism is your main source of income.
- Be able to operate in English, which is the working language of the programme. The Programme welcome journalists working in non-English media, but you may have to show your proficiency in English through a telephone interview.
- Have permission from your employers to be away for the full three months of the Fellowship.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the application form through the website and also submit required documents:
- Completed application form.
- Employer’s letter of support (not required for freelancers).
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- 3-5 samples of past work.
- Signed Data Privacy form.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of March 2016.
For more information, Please visit 2016 Fellowship Programme.