Deadline: 8 July 2015
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Environmental Quality and Trans boundary Issues (EQT) at the Department of State is seeking applications for the Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for a new grant: Green Entrepreneurship in Morocco.
Through this grant program, the Department will support Morocco’s efforts to build a green economy by developing innovative commercial solutions to pressing environmental issues, such as waste management, recycling, and energy efficiency, among others, which not only support the development of Morocco’s entrepreneurial eco-system but also create green jobs.
The awardee will get a total funding of up to $ 250,000 USD approximately.
- Institutional and policy strengthening for effective implementation and enforcement of environmental laws;
- Biodiversity conservation and improved management of protected areas and other ecologically important ecosystems;
- Improved cleaner production processes, building resilience to climate change, and encouraging the adoption of sound environmental practices and technologies; and
- Environmental education, transparency, and public participation in environmental decision-making and enforcement.
- Non- profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code are eligible to apply for the program.
- Foreign non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and public international organizations can also apply for the program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov and search for the opportunity number OES-OTE-15-001.