Date Posted : 5 Nov 2012
Deadline : 17 Jan 2013
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Applications are invited by Ford Foundation qualified and deserving candidates for the job/vacancy of Program Officer, Digital Movement Building. Location of this job will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Foundation is looking for an accomplished leader who has deep experience with the arts and culture as well as media discourse in the Arab region and substantive experience in the political economy of arts and media in the Middle East and North Africa as well as extensive familiarity with the international and regional arts, culture and media machineries. An advanced degree in the social sciences is required to demonstrate an appropriate commitment and educational background. Other qualifications include significant professional experience working with civil society efforts, an ability to conceptualize program ideas and strategies, excellent analytical written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills in teams of diverse backgrounds. Fluency in Arabic and English.
• Focus work and resources on key opportunities
• Analyze problems well and develop appropriate strategies
• Program strategically and assess impact
• Provide leadership
• Take initiative and complete work in a timely manner
• Recognize and respect cultural and individual differences
• Provide candid, respectful feedback and create and sustain a hospitable working environment
• Demonstrate and encourage teamwork
• Provide direction to and support individuals and teams for sustained accomplishment of results
• Engage fully with the goals and activities of the Foundation
• Demonstrate sound and independent judgment.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
• A team member with experience working with artists and arts-based organizations, someone comfortable with the role of artists often play in exploring forms of expression and sparking public engagement
• A good listener who communicates clearly and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
• An innovative thinker who is willing to experiment with new approaches and strategies and to assist grantees, potential grantees and others with ideas
• A person who excels as a facilitator of ideas, projects, and collaborative ventures and is someone who enables the work of others to be achieved
• A colleague who is open to different perspectives and is comfortable collaborating with people in other Foundation departments
• A person who is able to work simultaneously on several issues and projects
Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. An attractive benefits package is provided to the PO and dependents.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information please visit this link.