Date Posted : 5 Nov 2012
Deadline : 17 Jan 2013
Applications are invited by Ford Foundation qualified and deserving candidates for the job/vacancy of Program Officer, Digital Movement Building. Location of this job will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
The Foundation is looking for an accomplished leader who has deep experience with the arts and culture as well as media discourse in the Arab region and substantive experience in the political economy of arts and media in the Middle East and North Africa as well as extensive familiarity with the international and regional arts, culture and media machineries. An advanced degree in the social sciences is required to demonstrate an appropriate commitment and educational background. Other qualifications include significant professional experience working with civil society efforts, an ability to conceptualize program ideas and strategies, excellent analytical written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills in teams of diverse backgrounds. Fluency in Arabic and English.
• Focus work and resources on key opportunities
• Analyze problems well and develop appropriate strategies
• Program strategically and assess impact
• Provide leadership
• Take initiative and complete work in a timely manner
• Recognize and respect cultural and individual differences
• Provide candid, respectful feedback and create and sustain a hospitable working environment
• Demonstrate and encourage teamwork
• Provide direction to and support individuals and teams for sustained accomplishment of results
• Engage fully with the goals and activities of the Foundation
• Demonstrate sound and independent judgment.
• A team member with experience working with artists and arts-based organizations, someone comfortable with the role of artists often play in exploring forms of expression and sparking public engagement
• A good listener who communicates clearly and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
• An innovative thinker who is willing to experiment with new approaches and strategies and to assist grantees, potential grantees and others with ideas
• A person who excels as a facilitator of ideas, projects, and collaborative ventures and is someone who enables the work of others to be achieved
• A colleague who is open to different perspectives and is comfortable collaborating with people in other Foundation departments
• A person who is able to work simultaneously on several issues and projects
Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. An attractive benefits package is provided to the PO and dependents.
For more information please visit this link.