Deadline: 14 Jan 2013
Position Start Date: 18 Feb 2013
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Vision has invited applications from qualified and deserving candidates for the job/vacancy of Resource Acquisition Manager. Location of this job will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Kindly note that this position is on contract for a period of one year.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Identify funding sources to support National and Sector strategies and existing and planned programming.
- Review calls for proposals and recommend whether World Vision Cambodia (WVC) should pursue funding opportunities.
- Closely liaise with partner support offices, local partners and internal stakeholders (technical and sectors) to create a proposal development team with TOR/specific roles and timeline.
- Meet with donors or submit queries to clarify proposal requirements.
- Write high quality grant proposals including supervising tasks leading to it such as pre-award assessment/research, selection and due diligence of partners,
- Work with Regional and Global Centre technical specialists to leverage their support in the grants development process.
- Provide support to the development of improved landscape analysis to support grants acquisition. This includes supporting the development of needs analysis and other landscape analysis to support bids; the mapping of potential partners and competitors and the development of strategic partnerships to enhance profile, reputation and grant competitiveness in close collaboration with the Sectors, Technical and Operations Units.
- Research and develop concepts consisting of sector best practice ready for proposal development within the parameters of the growth targets and strategy.
- Management of Donor Relations.
- Establish relations with new donors and major multi-laterals.
- Manage WVC existing key donor accounts (i.e. USAID, AUSAID, EC).
- Network with other NGOs, INGO’s, and Embassies within Cambodia and region for identifying potential funding opportunities for priority programmes and projects.
- Work with the Regional Director of Resource Development (RDU) on new GAM initiatives.
- Work with support offices and other donors in identifying opportunities for acquiring grants/private funds.
- Leadership and Capacity Building of Local Staff.
- Build the capacity of WVC staff in grant acquisition and management.
- Develop a strong local second liner to be able to take up increasing grant management responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- MS/MA in Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or Technical ( Public Health, Education).
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry, program development, resource acquisition, major donors and multi-laterals and donor relations.
- In-depth knowledge on program design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated 5 years experience in proposal writing, funding acquisition and donor relations.
- At least 3 years experience in management of a unit or department.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information please visit this link.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.