Deadline: 14 Jan 2013
Position Start Date: 18 Feb 2013
World Vision has invited applications from qualified and deserving candidates for the job/vacancy of Resource Acquisition Manager. Location of this job will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Kindly note that this position is on contract for a period of one year.
- Identify funding sources to support National and Sector strategies and existing and planned programming.
- Review calls for proposals and recommend whether World Vision Cambodia (WVC) should pursue funding opportunities.
- Closely liaise with partner support offices, local partners and internal stakeholders (technical and sectors) to create a proposal development team with TOR/specific roles and timeline.
- Meet with donors or submit queries to clarify proposal requirements.
- Write high quality grant proposals including supervising tasks leading to it such as pre-award assessment/research, selection and due diligence of partners,
- Work with Regional and Global Centre technical specialists to leverage their support in the grants development process.
- Provide support to the development of improved landscape analysis to support grants acquisition. This includes supporting the development of needs analysis and other landscape analysis to support bids; the mapping of potential partners and competitors and the development of strategic partnerships to enhance profile, reputation and grant competitiveness in close collaboration with the Sectors, Technical and Operations Units.
- Research and develop concepts consisting of sector best practice ready for proposal development within the parameters of the growth targets and strategy.
- Management of Donor Relations.
- Establish relations with new donors and major multi-laterals.
- Manage WVC existing key donor accounts (i.e. USAID, AUSAID, EC).
- Network with other NGOs, INGO’s, and Embassies within Cambodia and region for identifying potential funding opportunities for priority programmes and projects.
- Work with the Regional Director of Resource Development (RDU) on new GAM initiatives.
- Work with support offices and other donors in identifying opportunities for acquiring grants/private funds.
- Leadership and Capacity Building of Local Staff.
- Build the capacity of WVC staff in grant acquisition and management.
- Develop a strong local second liner to be able to take up increasing grant management responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- MS/MA in Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or Technical ( Public Health, Education).
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry, program development, resource acquisition, major donors and multi-laterals and donor relations.
- In-depth knowledge on program design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated 5 years experience in proposal writing, funding acquisition and donor relations.
- At least 3 years experience in management of a unit or department.
How to Apply
For more information please visit this link.