Deadline: 4 March 2016
The annual conservation grants are by invitation only.
The Disney Conservation Fund provides financial support for the study of wildlife, the protection of habitats and community conservation and education with a goal to support conservation organizations focused on long-term positive impacts for wildlife and habitats.
- Education and community engagement, including measuring results.
- Sustainable development programs directly connected to protecting species and habitat.
- Scientific field studies on species and habitats (the Disney Conservation Fund does not fund ex-situ projects/project components)
- Although the fund recognizes that basic science is a critical first step in conservation initiatives, preference is given to projects where there is a significant conservation action component.
- The fund encourages scientists, students and institutions to work with nonprofit organizations to apply.
- Organizations must have U.S. nonprofit status. NGOs outside the U.S. can apply in partnership with a U.S. organization. The U.S.organization accepts accounting responsibility.
- The proposal should be cooperative in nature and may have matching funds.
- The proposal should clearly contribute to the conservation of endangered or threatened species in the wild, their habitats and engage the communities that surround them through community-based education programs or support sustainable community development projects that assist communities in protecting nature.
- The proposal should build on previous work including an established commitment to a conservation program OR is well suited to become or contribute to a long-term conservation program.
- The principle investigator affirms that the welfare of the animals identified in this study is not compromised.
- Specifically, the principle investigator affirms that:
- Capture/restraint techniques minimize stress and the potential for physical injury or psychological harm
- Immobilization/anesthesia is done under the direct supervision of a veterinarian or other trained
- Exposure to noxious stimuli and presumptive negative effects are minimized with administration of
- anesthetic and/or analgesic agents where appropriate.
For information regarding application submission and more, please visit Annual Conservation Grants.