Are you and your NGO aiming to raise funds from European Foundations? Understand everything you need to know about how to access the billions of dollars of grants released by Foundations in Europe every year with our online training webinar. Learn more and register today by clicking here.
Following up on our previous coverage of ten of the best charitable foundations based in the US, we present to you our guide to the top ten European Foundations.
The entries are ranked based on the size of the Foundation’s total endowment, or invested donations, that are available for charitable purposes.
1. The Stichting INGKA Foundation is a Dutch Foundation founded in 1982 by Ingvar Kamprad, the Swedish billionaire, who is the founder of IKEA. INGKA is one of the largest charitable foundations in the world and the second-largest nonprofit organization in the world…[more]
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
2. The Wellcome Trust was established in 1936 as an independent charity funding research to improve human and animal health. It has an endowment of around £14.5 billion. Now in its 77th year, the aim of the Trust is to “achieve extraordinary improvements in health by supporting…[more]
3. The Church Commissioners is a body managing the historic property assets of the Church of England with an endowment reported to be worth at least $8.1 billion. The Commissioners are tasked with managing an investment portfolio to support…[more]
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
4. The Robert Bosch Stiftung is reported to be the largest German Foundation, managing the philanthropic bequest of company founder Robert Bosch for more than 40 years. The Foundation is divided into four areas to support…[more]
5. The Garfield Weston Foundation was established in 1958 by Willard Garfield Weston, a Canadian businessman who moved to the UK with his family in 1932. Annual donations to the Foundation have grown from…[more]
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
6. The Knut and Alice Wallenbergs Stiftelse is the sixth Foundation and our list with an endowment reported to be worth over $5.3 billion in 2012. The purpose of the Foundation is to promote scientific research, teaching and education beneficial…[more]
7. Realdania is a philantropic association supporting projects in the built environment within three focus areas: Cities, buildings and built heritage.Their mission is to improve quality of life for the common good through the built environment…[more]
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
8. The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is a Portuguese private foundation whose statutory aims are in the fields of arts, charity, education, and science. It reported an endowment of over $3.5 billion in 2012…[more]
9. The Sigrid Rausing Trust is a UK grant making foundation, founded in 1995 by Sigrid Rausing to support human rights globally. Since then, the Trust has given away approximately £191.9 million to human rights organisations all over the world…[more]
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
10. Zennström Philanthropies was founded in 2007 by Niklas and Catherine Zennström. Its mission is to support and engage with organisations that fight for human rights, work to stop climate change and encourage social entrepreneurship…[more]
Discover how to raise money from European Foundations with our brilliant training webinar by clicking here.