Deadline: 15 June 2015
The Asia Safe Abortion Partnership (ASAP) is calling applications for the 4th ASAP Youth Advocacy Institute for Safe Abortion Rights. The Institute will encourage leadership skills and engage in strategic planning to develop ongoing involvement. Participants will have further opportunities to work in close collaboration with ASAP country partners through small grants awarded.
- Social construct of Gender
- Human rights and women’s rights
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Safe abortion access as a human right
- Understanding relevant laws and policies
- Values clarification
- Communication skills including social media
- Use of Facebook, Twitter and blogs for networking
- Be a dynamic young person between 18 and 25 years of age, living and/or working in Asia.
- Have a working knowledge of English.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working with issues of sexual and reproductive health in any capacity and you are passionate about the sexual and reproductive rights of young people.
- Have a good social network of other young people and have leadership potential
- Have good communication skills and know how to use the Internet and smart phones for Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- Should believe that every girl and woman should have the right to choose if and when she wants to be pregnant and if she wants to continue a pregnancy or not.
- Can demonstrate how you will use what you learn at the Institute in your work and how you will continue to participate in follow-up activities.
Participants are requested to download the online application form and send the completed form via email.
For more information, visit asap-asia.