Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Central European Initiative (CEI) and the South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) are currently inviting proposals for its CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism with an aim to investigative reporting despite the difficult conditions under which they often have to operate.
The Call is divided into two categories:
- Professional journalists (4.000 EUR)
- Young professional journalists(1.000 EUR)
- The Call is open to nationals of the 18 CEI Member States: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Print, Radio, TV, news agencies and Internet media are admitted.
- For Category 1: candidates should have been actively engaged in investigative reporting over the last two years and should still be active in journalism. Two samples of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
- For Category 2: candidates should have been actively involved in investigative reporting, even in the context of training activities organised by schools/universities/NGOs and, as a result, should have published at least one investigative story meeting all professional standards. One sample of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
How to Apply
- Applicant must download the application form via given website.
- The following documents in PDF format shall be uploaded:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recommendation letter
- Up to three samples of journalistic work in a single PDF document
- Material prepared in local languages should be accompanied by a short summary in English
For more information, please visit CEI SEEMO Award.