Deadline: 22 April 2016
Nominations are open for Australian Medical Association (AMA) Public Healthcare Awards 2016 for people who do extraordinary work in order to recognize their valuable contributions to health and society.
The Australian Medical Association (AMA) is the most influential membership organisation representing registered medical practitioners and medical students of Australia. The AMA exists to promote and protect the professional interests of doctors and the health care needs of patients and communities.
Supporting Medical Profession
The AMA supports the medical profession through a range of essential services including:
- protecting the academic, professional, and economic independence of medical practitioners
- protecting the wellbeing of medical practitioners
- promoting and advancing ethical behaviour of the medical profession
- protecting the integrity and independence of the doctor/patient relationship
- preserving and protecting the political, legal and industrial interests of medical practitioners
- AMA Excellence in Healthcare Award: for an individual, not necessarily a doctor or AMA member, who has made a significant contribution to improving health or health care in Australia. The person may be involved in health awareness, health policy, or health delivery.
- AMA Woman in Medicine Award: for a member of the AMA who has made a major contribution to the medical profession.
- AMA Women’s Health Award: for a person who does not have to be an AMA member, doctor or a female, but is somebody who has made a major contribution to women’s health.
- AMA Men’s Health Award: for a person who does not have to be an AMA member, doctor or a male, but is somebody who has made a major contribution to men’s health.
- AMA Youth Health Award: for a young person between 15-27 years who does not have to be an AMA member or doctor, but has made an outstanding contribution to youth health in Australia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their nominations electronically and email all documents at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Australian Medical Association Awards 2016.