Deadline: 31 October 2015
The African Union is accepting entries for African Union Video Documentary Media Awards 2015. The program seeks to work with the media to reach all corners of the African continent with news and views about African development issues with “Women’s Empowerment and Development towards Agenda 2063” being the thematic area.
African Union is the continent’s unique pan African body and its vision is to achieve an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, an Africa driven and managed by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the international arena.
Each regional winner shall be presented with a reward of US$7000 and a certificate.
- The competition shall be open to all audio visual media journalists who are citizens of AU member states and who are based in Africa and whose video documentaries are broadcast in AU member states.
- Winners shall be selected according to the five regions of the continent i.e. Southern, Central, East, West and North Africa.
- Each journalist entering the competition shall be required to show proof that he/she is a citizen of an AU member state.
- Each entry shall be accompanied by full names of the producer, the name and contact details of his/her employer, his/ her position in the news organization, a valid media card and the region from where the entry is emanating:
- Written confirmation on official letterhead from the media organisation employing the journalists, confirming his/ her employment in the agency and confirming the dates of publication of all the submitted entries will be required.
- On receipt, the entries shall be judged by a competent panel of judges established by the Commission.
- Winners shall be informed of how and when they shall receive their prizes before the end of the year 2015.
- Equal gender representation shall be enforced.
- Entrants will provide one video documentary for the competition but must provide at least 4 other documentaries they have produced on any major AU project or programs.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested Journalists may send their entries at mail address, given on the website.
Note: In case of heavy electronic files applicant can also send CD or Flash Disc via DHL to address, given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more details, please visit AU Video Documentary Media Awards.