- The impact of the nominee’s work or contribution in improving the understanding and respect for human rights among the community;
- The impact of the nominee’s work or contribution in eliminating social injustice as well as discriminatory attitudes and practices;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in promoting better monitoring and reporting mechanism of human rights abuses;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in creating an enabling environment conducive to the enjoyment of human rights and sustainable development;
- The amount of time and resources spent by the nominee in carrying his, her or its work;
- The risk or negative consequences faced by the nominee in the course of his, her or its work;
- The extent to which the approach employed in the work of the nominee responsive to the needs and rights of the people.
- Nominations are open to all Malaysian individuals, groups, organisations, Government agencies (federal, state and local governments), statutory bodies and business entities;
- Previous recipients of the SUHAKAM Human Rights Awards are only eligible for re-nomination after a lapse of three (3) years;
- The nomination can be made in either Malay or English and submitted directly via email or post to the Commission;
- Nominations submitted must be accompanied by a completed official nomination form issued by the Commission, a summary (2-5 pages) and all necessary supporting documentations and evidence as specified under each of the above-mentioned categories
- The submission of the nomination should include photos, video clips and other multimedia materials (if any) that provide an account of the contributions and information concerning the background of the nominee;
- The Commission may request for additional documentation or evidence from the nominator and failure to respond to this request in a timely manner may affect the Commission’s full consideration of the nomination;
- As a matter of courtesy, the nominator should notify the nominee of his/her intention to nominate the latter for the SUHAKAM Human Rights Awards;
- The nominee must have shown an outstanding and on-going involvement in promoting and protecting the human rights of a community or a large group of people in Malaysia over the past two to three years and in at least one of the following areas:
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Human Rights Awards.