Deadline: 15 September 2014
Towards the end of the International Decade for Action ‘Water for Life’ 2005-2015, the United Nations invites nominations for the UN-Water Best Practices Award ‘Water for Life’ 2015. This is the fifth award of the series that began on 2011. The award ceremony will take place on 22 March, World Water Day 2015.
Theme: Water and Sustainable Development
The primary aim of the Water for Life best practices award is to acknowledge and promote efforts to fulfill international commitments made on water and related issues by 2015 by recognizing outstanding best practices that can ensure sustainable long-term management of water resources and help achieve the water and sanitation targets of the Millennium Development Goals, Agenda 21 and the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation.
- Best Water Management Practices
- Best Participatory, communication, awareness-raising and education practices
The ‘Water for Life’ Award is reserved for projects, initiatives or programs. Practices that are contributing to the achievement of international commitments made on water and water-related issues on the ground are recognized under the award.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Production of a video on each of the winning best practice category. These videos will be included in a UN database of good practices.
- Invitation for participation on the award ceremony
- A certificate especially designed for the award
The shortlisted candidates will be announced during the official UN celebrations for World Water Day 2014 on 22 March 2015. The award winners will receive an invitation to attend the ceremony. Travel, accommodation of one representative of each award categories are covered by the organizers.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- 15 September 2014 – Application deadline
- 30 September 2014 – Deadline for amendments and receiving hard copies
- 30 September-15 October2014 – Processing of the received applications
- 15 October 2014 – Evaluation process begins
- 15 November 2014 – Evaluation sent to the Jury
- 15 December 2014 – Selection of Winners
- 22 March 2015 – Public announcement of winners on UN official celebrations for World Water Day
- Nominations must be made of projects, initiatives or programs.
- Self-nominations are not considered for the award.
- Nominator must be an independent organization.
- Applications may be submitted in any of the official languages of the United Nations- Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
For more information, please visit UN-Water Best Practices Award.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.