Deadline: 31 August 2015
- Promote youth participation in decision making
- Promote economic empowerment of young people
- Take action for equality between young women and young men
- Promote peaceful and democratic environment in which human rights flourish
- Provide quality education for all
- Improve access to information and communication technology
- Promote health, development and values through sport and culture
- Engage young people to protect the environment.
Criteria for Nomination
- The nominee must have been engaged in their development work for more than 12 months either in a professional or voluntary capacity
- The nominee must be from a Commonwealth member country
- The development work must be ongoing and in a Commonwealth member country
- The nominee should not be older than 29 on 31 December 2016
- Nominees should give permission for their names to be put forward (if nominated by someone else). Award winners and finalists must agree to take part in publicity and activities generated by the Commonwealth.
- The development work can be within any number of areas, including agriculture, skills training, arts and culture, environment protection, education, health and well-being, human rights, information and communications technology, journalism and many more areas including sport, science and sustainability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by submitting an online application form given on the website.
For more information, please visit Commonwealth Youth Awards.