2016 Applications are yet to open
The UN International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR), Global Risk Forum Davos (GRF) and Munich Re Foundation (MRF) jointly invite individuals, teams or institutions from all different sectors, including governmental bodies for Risk Award up to €100,000 to increase people’s resilience to risks and disasters, especially in developing countries. The award may concentrate on population development, water as a resource, and other risk.
Ideas involving the people at risk, proposals combining bottom-up approaches with top-down frameworks and projects engaging multi-stakeholder partnerships (different sectors, different sizes, different organizational background, PPPs) are highly encouraged.
The RISK Award, endowed with 100.000 €, will be assigned to operational projects in the field of risk reduction and disaster management. The prize will be awarded every two years.
- Applicants can be individuals, teams or institutions from all different sectors, including governmental bodies.
- The proposed project should be between 6 months to 2 years.
- The proposal must address the topic: ‘Disaster Risk Reduction – People-centered, innovative and sustainable’.
- The proposed project must include an implementation part (action), a proposal solely based on research is not sufficient.
- The risks must be related to natural, climate change and/or environmental issues.
- If the whole budget is bigger than the RISK Award it must be clearly visible for what purpose the RISK Award funding will be used.
- Research institutions, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and non-profit organisations (NPOs) are especially encouraged to submit.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to complete the application form available on the website and should send it to the foundation via email.
For more information, please visit About Risk Awards.