Deadline: 11 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Director in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is about 1 to 2 years.
The Operations Director will assist the National Director in overall coordination, implementation and supervision of all resources and operations.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership, support and coordination in the implementation of ongoing grants and other special projects.
- Develop national operation plan ensuring that it is in accordance with national and global strategies and provide thought leadership to the process of National Office. Strategy and program design.
- Ensure that the national office strategy is ambitious, relevant to community and country context and aligned to WVI regional and global strategy.
- Ensure WV South Sudan projects and programs are demonstrating progress towards strategic objectives and Child Well Being targets. Promote innovation among the Operations team to maximize ministry growth and impact.
- In collaboration with the National Director, develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with the Support Offices, the Regional Office and the Global Centre.
- In collaboration with Program Development and Quality Assurance (PDQA) Director, maintain functional relationships with World Vision Support Offices and bilateral/multilateral donors to strengthen the portfolio of public and private funding.
- Network with leaders of other local and international NGOs to position World Vision for coordinated program implementation.
- Work with project staff and directors of other departments (Finance, HR, Administration, Supply Chain) to ensure smooth implementation of programs.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelors’ Degree in rural development, agricultural sciences, social sciences or other development related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in relief and development work preferably within World Vision.
- At least two years senior management experience or middle level management experience.
- Proficiency in the English Language.
- A mature Christian with evidence of mature faith.
- Evident vision and passion for the poor.
- Skills in project management, design monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.