Deadline: 1 June 2016
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Oceania is seeking applications for its Energy, Ecosystems & Sustainable Livelihoods (EESLI) Small Grants Enterprise & Community Development Accelerator with an aim to make available its advantages, privileges, and opportunities to all residents of the Pacific Island Countries mentioned below for the purpose of cultivating community projects and micro/small enterprises (MSEs) furthering the goals and priorities of IUCN’s Global Programme.
It has been established under the Energy, Ecosystems and Sustainable Livelihoods Initiative funded by the governments of Austria, Italy, Luxembourg, and Spain to provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions across the Pacific Islands Countries.
- Renewable energy systems
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Sustainable land & sea transport initiatives
- Biodiversity/ecosystem conservation
- Cross-cutting impacts upon other sectors
- Inclusion of marginalised groups such as women, children, disabled persons, and the elderly
- Positive benefits for other sectors, such as health, education, food security & water integrity, disaster resilience, etc.
Grant Information: A Small Grant ranging from US$5,000-$20,000 flexible funding platform for submissions of various sizes to provide project support and implementation oversight for community projects and micro-enterprise development providing nature-based solutions which value & conserve nature.
Eligible Countries: Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their complete application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit IUCN.