Deadline: 8 May 2016
The Sida PFAN Initiative on Clean Energy Financing (SPICEF) is currently inviting applications from project developers in the East and Southern African regions. SPICEF seeks to nurture entrepreneurs, start-up and existing companies, project teams and consortia with environmentally beneficial business proposals with the aim of linking them with investment and finance and making them happen.
The SPICEF provides crucial early stage pro bono project development and support in raising financing to clean energy entrepreneurs, start-up and growth stage companies, project teams and consortia with viable and environmentally beneficial business proposals, by linking them with investment and finance and nurturing their development and implementation.
- Grid Connected IPPs (any clean energy technology)
- Rural Electrification and Energy Access Projects (any clean energy technology) especially Mini-Grid distributed renewable energy utilities
- Off-grid distributed energy service companies
- Others (eg Energy Efficiency & Energy Conservation)
SPICEF Seeks Business opportunities that require total (initial) private capital in excess of US$1 million (or currency equivalent) will be considered
Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
- All submissions are to be made in electronic format via given website.
- The Application Consists of:
- The Project Proposal (as a PDF file, financial models provided as an Excel sheet)
- The completed Project Data Sheet (as an Excel sheet)
For more information, please visit Clean Energy Financing.