Deadline: 16 November 2015
Tanzania’s national figures suggest that more than 70% of children experience one or more forms of physical, sexual or emotional abuse in Tanzania (UNICEF 2009). Nearly 3 out of every 10 females and 1 out of every 7 males reported at least one experience of sexual violence prior to the age of 182 percent of girls between the ages of 13 to 17 reported receiving money or goods in exchange for sex at least once in their lifetime (UNICEF 2011).
The initial planned duration of a project should be 33 months, starting on 1 April 2016.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Children at risk of child abuse / violations of SRHR and children who are victims of child abuse / violations of SRHR claim their rights
- Families and communities protect children from child abuse and violations of SRHR
- Government protects children from child abuse and violations of SRHR by making and adequately implementing laws and policies
- Law enforcement agencies convict abusers of children
- Civil society organisations protect the rights and best interest of children (specifically children vulnerable to child abuse / violations of SRHR)
- Private sector (oil and gas companies) contributes to the wellbeing of children vulnerable to sexual exploitation.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Children are directly safeguarded/protected from abuse and exploitation and have access to legal aid and youth friendly SRHR services
- Safe child reintegration of victims of abuse and exploitation into the community, e.g. enrolled in education or have income generating activities
- Child protection actors are trained to protect children, coordinate with other government departments, CSOs and the private sector to strengthen child protection referral systems
- Technical input provided in training manuals and child protection regulations for private sector companies in Mtwara under leadership of the Ministry of Social Welfare
- Awareness creation and dialogue with families and community to participate in child protection and provision of SRHR services.
- The following areas in Tanzania are eligible for funding: Mtwara Region, including 7 districts.
- TdH-NL is inviting non-governmental organisations (NGOs or CSOs) with the required framework to submit a full proposal.
- This call is open to organisations to apply independently as well as in a consortium / in partnership (i.e. more than one applicant).
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to be fully registered in the country of implementation
- Applicant as well as (if applicable) co-applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record in addressing child abuse and / or violations of SRHR, including CSEC
- The proposal needs to show a coherent programmatic approach
- The proposed project needs to be based on the Theory of Change with related outcomes.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit this link.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.