Deadline: 16 May 2016
The European Commission is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations to provide support in order to enhance sustainability of Civil Society in Georgia. The specific objective of this call for proposals is to increase financial sustainability of CSOs and to increase accountability and capacities of CSOs to promote reforms in the context of the EU association process.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- The action should promote alternative sources of funding for civil society. This should focus on two directions:
- advocating for the set-up of state funding mechanisms, examining best practice and supporting the development of transparent funding award and management mechanisms
- awareness-raising on the concept of corporate social responsibility and the development of recommendations for a more conducive regulatory environment which would support such a development
- The action must concentrate on the socio-cultural dimension encompassing elements like propensity to participate, trust and giving and volunteering, which is the weakest aspect of civil society in Georgia.
- The action must seek to address the problem of weak civic participation.
- It is also required that the action, through capacity building, supports increasing CSOs involvement in policy dialogue, especially with the aim to promote reforms in the context of the EU association process and assists CSOs to make a greater impact in policy dialogue at the local level.
Size of Grants
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 3 500 000 and EUR 3 950 000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as: Civil Society Organisation, local authority and/or international (inter-governmental) organisations
- be established in a Member State of the European Union and/or, the EEA and/or beneficiary countries of the ENI and/or IPA regulations. This obligation does not apply to international organisations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- have at least five years of experience working in Georgia or in ENI or in IPA countries at the time of submission of the application
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
- In order to apply for the program, the applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.