Applications to be submitted before April 2016
Making All Voices Count (MAVC) is currently inviting applications for its Joint Initiative to Support Civil Society Groups.
MAVC is a global initiative that supports innovative and tech-focused approaches to addressing governance issues.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
With this call, MAVC is seeking innovative civil society-led projects that can contribute to:
- the shaping of OGP National Action Plans and their commitments.
- the implementation of OGP National Action Plan Commitments
- civil society monitoring and supporting governments to achieve OGP commitments
- civil society monitoring and challenging governments over how they pursue these commitments
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
MVAC is open to considering a wide range of different activities, including where civil society groups:
- campaign for their country to participate in the OGP process;
- strategically organize themselves for effective OGP participation (playing a coordinating role)
- advocate for, set up and/or play a leadership role in OGP permanent dialogue mechanisms;
- organize campaigning activities to influence new OGP action plans;
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Civil society leaders in the following countries are encouraged to apply for Making All Voices Count support:
- Countries producing new OGP plans in 2016: Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania
- Countries currently implementing OGP plans: Ghana, Liberia, Philippines
- Countries where civil society is campaigning for the government to join OGP: Nigeria
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The organizations interested should design proposals strongly rooted in the national context and the opportunities that the prevailing context offers. Proposals should also include realistic assessments of the local political appetite for open governance reform and OGP.
- The concept notes/ideas must include a summary of issues the project is addressing, partnership/alignment with OGP country plans, how long the project is proposed for, and overall budget.
- The applications must be submitted via respective country emails.
For more information, please visit Making All Voices Count.