Applications to be submitted before April 2016
Making All Voices Count (MAVC) is currently inviting applications for its Joint Initiative to Support Civil Society Groups.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
MAVC is a global initiative that supports innovative and tech-focused approaches to addressing governance issues.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
With this call, MAVC is seeking innovative civil society-led projects that can contribute to:
- the shaping of OGP National Action Plans and their commitments.
- the implementation of OGP National Action Plan Commitments
- civil society monitoring and supporting governments to achieve OGP commitments
- civil society monitoring and challenging governments over how they pursue these commitments
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
MVAC is open to considering a wide range of different activities, including where civil society groups:
- campaign for their country to participate in the OGP process;
- strategically organize themselves for effective OGP participation (playing a coordinating role)
- advocate for, set up and/or play a leadership role in OGP permanent dialogue mechanisms;
- organize campaigning activities to influence new OGP action plans;
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Civil society leaders in the following countries are encouraged to apply for Making All Voices Count support:
- Countries producing new OGP plans in 2016: Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania
- Countries currently implementing OGP plans: Ghana, Liberia, Philippines
- Countries where civil society is campaigning for the government to join OGP: Nigeria
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- The organizations interested should design proposals strongly rooted in the national context and the opportunities that the prevailing context offers. Proposals should also include realistic assessments of the local political appetite for open governance reform and OGP.
- The concept notes/ideas must include a summary of issues the project is addressing, partnership/alignment with OGP country plans, how long the project is proposed for, and overall budget.
- The applications must be submitted via respective country emails.
For more information, please visit Making All Voices Count.