Applications to be submitted before April 2016
Making All Voices Count (MAVC) is currently inviting applications for its Joint Initiative to Support Civil Society Groups.
MAVC is a global initiative that supports innovative and tech-focused approaches to addressing governance issues.
With this call, MAVC is seeking innovative civil society-led projects that can contribute to:
- the shaping of OGP National Action Plans and their commitments.
- the implementation of OGP National Action Plan Commitments
- civil society monitoring and supporting governments to achieve OGP commitments
- civil society monitoring and challenging governments over how they pursue these commitments
MVAC is open to considering a wide range of different activities, including where civil society groups:
- campaign for their country to participate in the OGP process;
- strategically organize themselves for effective OGP participation (playing a coordinating role)
- advocate for, set up and/or play a leadership role in OGP permanent dialogue mechanisms;
- organize campaigning activities to influence new OGP action plans;
Civil society leaders in the following countries are encouraged to apply for Making All Voices Count support:
- Countries producing new OGP plans in 2016: Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania
- Countries currently implementing OGP plans: Ghana, Liberia, Philippines
- Countries where civil society is campaigning for the government to join OGP: Nigeria
How to Apply
- The organizations interested should design proposals strongly rooted in the national context and the opportunities that the prevailing context offers. Proposals should also include realistic assessments of the local political appetite for open governance reform and OGP.
- The concept notes/ideas must include a summary of issues the project is addressing, partnership/alignment with OGP country plans, how long the project is proposed for, and overall budget.
- The applications must be submitted via respective country emails.
For more information, please visit Making All Voices Count.