Applications accepted on a rolling basis
The Comic Relief is currently accepting applications from the UK based community organisations for its Local Communities Programme.
The aim of this programme is to empower local people, enabling them to create lasting change in some of the poorest and most disadvantaged communities in the UK. This is done by supporting organisations with the knowledge, ideas and ability to tackle complex problems in a way which is both effective and sustainable.
- Improve people’s life skills, education, employability and enterprise
- Maximise people’s ability to strengthen community cohesion and build social capacity
- Provide people with opportunities to access local services, achieve greater social justice and to reduce inequality, exclusion and disadvantage
- Advance people’s physical and mental health, wellbeing and safety
Grants of between £1000 and £10,000 will be available for funding.
- The community groups (as long as you have a constitution), registered charities, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, Community Centres, Resident Associations and credit unions can apply.
- Organisations which are currently being funded directly from Comic Relief cannot apply for a Local Communities grant.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through an online process.
For more information, please visit Comic Relief Local Communities Programme.