Deadline: 12 October 2015
Samsung Engineering in conjunction with the United Nations Environment Programme is inviting young peoples from all over the world for 8th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition 2015 to raise awareness on the UN’s new initiative ‘2015 time for global action for people and planet’.
This essay competition by Tunza eco-generation provides a chance to children and youth to set their action plan for changing their lifestyle affecting our planet, which is the most challenging threat for humans. It also aims to collect inspiring and creative ideas from young people by requiring them to think about what young people can do for our planet, crossing ‘Online’ and ‘Offline’.
Competition Theme 2015
2015 Time for Global Action for People and Planet- What Young People can do for the People and the Planet at a Local Level
- UNEP Prize for 1 person: Certificate & Samsung Tab S
- Samsung Engineering Prize for 1 Person: Certificate & Samsung Tab A
- Eco-generation Prize for 3 persons: Certificate & Samsung 1TB Portable USB
- Honorable Mentions for 20 persons: Certificate & Eco-generation souvenirs
- Anyone who is aged between 13-24 is eligible to apply.
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism and off topics will result in disqualification.
- Entries may not have been previously published in professional media.
- Entries must be from 600 to 800 words in length.
- All entries must be double spaced in 11pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
- MS Word
- Word Perfect
- Each entrant may submit only one essay.
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If any competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.), their prize will be canceled and automatically given to the next place applicant.
Entrants must register themselves at the website in order to submit their essay online.
For more information, please visit 8th Essay Competition.