Deadline: 8 April 2016
The European Commission is seeking entries from individuals, groups and organizations for its Social Innovation Competition 2016 whose aim is to promote the integration of refugees and migrants.
- Education and skills development
- Employment and entrepreneurship
- Access to appropriate housing and health services
- Safety and human rights
- Community cohesion and cultural diversity
The 3 winners of the competition will each receive a prize of €50,000.
- The Competition is open to everyone (individuals or legal entities) resident in EU Member States and in countries participating in Horizon 2020 (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Israel, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, and Ukraine).
- Ideas and proposals from all sources, sectors and all types of organisations including for-profit, nonfor-profit, or private companies are welcome. Applications involving several organisations and/or from various countries are possible.
- Entries must be original ideas from contestants. They may propose new or improved ways to implement existing solutions, combine them, or adapt them to a different context or target group, but they cannot be exact copies of those. The contestants must demonstrate the novelty of their solution, in comparison with those already developed/implemented by themselves or by others in their context.
- The contestants are also expected to indicate how the participation in the Competition may benefit their idea (e.g. prize, mentoring, networking, visibility or other related benefit).
- Contestants that have already received an EU or Euratom prize cannot receive a second prize for the same activities.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry and be named as a partner in more than one entry. All costs of entering the Competition must be borne by contestants.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Innovation Competition 2016.