Deadline: 24 May 2015.
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) has recently announced a competition- Global Health Reporting Contest to recognize the best media coverage of maternal, child health, and other urgent health issues.
Applicants can submit one or more of the following for the health reporting contest. There is no limit to the number of submissions.
- Feature articles
- In-depth, investigative or explanatory stories
- Multimedia reports
- Videos, documentaries or discussion programs.
Brazil, China, India, Russia and Sub-Saharan African Countries
Six winners will receive a cash prize and a 10-day study tour to the United States as part of regional competitions to recognize the best media coverage of maternal and child health and other urgent health matters such as Ebola and vaccination.
- Reducing maternal, infant and child mortality.
- Reducing disease transmission from mother to child.
- Preventing malnutrition.
- Improving delivery of care and infrastructure for maternal and child health.
- Responses to the Ebola epidemic.
- Innovative approaches to delivery of vaccines.
- Journalists employed by print, broadcast or online media in Brazil, China, India, Russia and Sub-Saharan Africa qualify for this contest. The contest is also open to affiliated freelance journalists.
- Submitted work must have appeared in a media outlet based in each region or distributed mainly in the region.
- Submissions may be made in English, French (Africa), Hindi (India), Mandarin/Cantonese (China), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia). Submissions in other languages must include an English translation.
- Applicants can submit more than one entry.
- Stories focusing on above topics published, broadcast or posted online in Brazil, China, India, Russia and Africa between Dec. 1, 2014, and May 24, 2015, qualify for the contest.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted using the form available on the website. Applicants must provide links to websites that published or aired the stories between Dec. 1, 2014, and May 24, 2015. Stories can also be uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo, Dropbox, or SoundCloud including links in the application.
For more information, please visit ICFJ-GHR Contest.