Deadline: 29 February 2016
Are you interested in helping young people to take charge of their health? Do you have the next big idea about how young people can share their own experiences and views in issues related to their health, sexual lives and identity? If yes then join this competition!
The PACT, with support from UNAIDS is currently inviting applications for its iCount Competition. Participants could win $15,000, & be a thought leader in health.
Your pitch must include a tool that is:
- simple & easy to use
- targeted at young people with varying levels of literacy
- interactive, engaging & motivating to use
- address the 2 main objectives: which are 1) empowering young people to share their experiences through knowledge of sexual and reproductive health rights, services, education and build self confidence around these issues 2) using youth empowerment to lead the charge on ending the AIDS epidemic
- Young people’s access and uptake of quality of youth friendly health services
- Young people’s knowledge and access to quality comprehensive sexuality education
- Other issues related to health and quality of life including rights (i.e. freedom of expression related to sexual orientation,reports of gender based violence and gender identity)
The PACT and UNAIDS will announce the 1st prize winner (15,000 USD) and 3 honorable mentions (2,000 USD each).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Grand Prize: $15,000 Cash Prize and funded participation to Helsinki, Finland for Slush 2016.
- Honourable Mention (3): $2,000 cash prize
What the competition looking for?
A tool that is/has:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Allows young people to share information access to and quality of services, sexuality education and real-life experiences with sexuality and their health
- Simple, easy to use for young people with low literacy
- Visually appealing
- Interactive, engaging and motivating to use
- Game component to assess knowledge
- Adaptable to various countries, including language
- Potential for peer support platform with youth data reporters
- Easily transferrable data to the analysis software; enables feedback depending on peoples’ characteristics or comments (f.ex. can offer closest location for HIV testing, or health services)
- Functionality to upload photos, such as of clinics/youth forums/events
How to Enter?
Submit a 3 minute video and a completed proposal (technical and financial) to participate in the competition via email.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Youth Competition 2016.