The call for proposals for Catalytic Fund Grants 2015 for Urban Development will open in May-June 2015. The Catalytic Fund (CATF) is a Cities Alliance funding instrument which provides grant support for innovative projects that strengthen and promote the role of cities in poverty reduction and in sustainable urban development.
Focus areas for proposals
Proposals are requested along any one of five focus areas. All proposals will need to demonstrate how gender is mainstreamed through the planned activities.
- Know your city finances and assets-Proposals should aim to widen and deepen citizens’ involvement into municipal finance systems.
- Know your citizens – social accountability.
- Know ALL of your city and its constituencies– Proposals should aim to produce innovative tools, methodologies.
- Know the future potential of your city – methodologies for planning.
- Know the emerging issues– Any other type of proposal that aims to develop innovations in data collection, tools and processes on any issue that can be justified as having future pivotal significance for cities.
The Limit grant size requests to between US $50,000 – US $200,000.
- The projects should be implemented in countries that are on the OECD DAC List of Aid Recipients.
- The project should be sponsored by at least one Cities Alliance member. However, multiple sponsors are strongly encouraged. Sponsorship(s) must be secured prior to submission of the proposed project.
How to Apply?
- All the applicants must submit the Cities Alliance Concept Note template.
- The concept Notes can be in English, French or Spanish.
- The concept Notes must provide all of the information and support documentation requested.
- Concept Notes should be submitted via e-mail only to the Cities Alliance Secretariat email address given on the website.
More information about this Funding Opportunity is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…