Deadline: 8 May 2015
The Cities Alliance invites proposals promoting innovation and catalytic impact to stimulate transformational change in cities, for its 2015 Catalytic Fund with the theme “Migration and the Inclusive City”. Through this call, the Cities Alliance seeks innovation in policy responses and practical approaches that increase spatial, social and economic inclusion by also extending to migrants the rights to the city: access to land, services, opportunity, as well as to an urban citizenship. Its over-arching objectives are to – strengthen and promote the role of cities in poverty reduction, and in sustainable development; capture and strengthen the synergies between and among members and partners; and improve the quality of urban development cooperation and lending.
The Cities Alliance is a global partnership for poverty reduction and the promotion of cities in sustainable development. It is a partnership of bi-lateral and multi-lateral development agencies, governments, non-governmental organizations and the political heads of the international associations of local authorities.
Grant request can be made in between US $50,000 and US $200,000. Cities Alliance will cover up to 80 per cent of the total cash requirements for the project. The remaining balance must be contributed in cash by the recipient organization, the sponsoring organization and/or other partners and sources. If a concept note is approved for further processing, applicants must provide proof of co-financing.
- Live: Migrants’ access to basic urban services, livelihoods and social protection
- Work: The access, integration and role of migrants in the city labor market and local economy
- Connect: Social integration and inclusion of migrants in the city
- Participate: Migrants’ inclusion into city planning and local decision-making processes
- Proposed projects must meet the objectives of the chosen theme and Catalytic Fund.
- Proposals can focus on international and/or internal migration, but all proposals should demonstrate clear attention to the issue of gender equality.
- Proposed projects must be sponsored by at least one Cities Alliance Member, multiple sponsors are highly encouraged. [Sponsorship(s) must be secured prior to submission of the proposed project. Proponent and sponsor(s) must discuss and endorse the Concept Note of the proposed project including the role of the sponsor(s) prior to submission. Support documentation will need to be provided.]
- Download Concept Note Template of Cities Alliance.
- Complete the concept note in one of the following languages – English, French or Spanish.
- Attach all the documents requested in the concept note template.
- Submit the concept note and support documents via e-mail by the deadline.
For more information, please visit 2015 Catalytic Fund Call.