Deadline: 20 February 2016
The Government of Purwakarta Regency, in association with Asia Pacific Consultants for Integrated Development, is currently inviting the village enthusiasts from around the world to participate in the World Village Conference 2016 introducing Purwakarta, a city strategically located between Jakarta and Bandung, as the main point of attraction for its Sundanese culture and as the host of the event to be held from 23rd to 26th May 2016.
- Network Building
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Training and Workshop
- Village-Based Industry Entrepreneurship
- Market Access
- Center Stage
World Village Conference2016 features more than 10 globally prominent speakers from around the world, each covering a wide range of city branding based on village-industry topics which are relevant to Purwakarta’s current industry. The speakers range from city Mayors, stakeholders, NGOs, and entrepreneurs who, together, share their insights at the center stage.
- Workshop Classes
With expert coaches and specialized gurus leading the comprehensive master classes, delegates will be able to upgrade their skills and gain valuable village-industry knowledge, thus maximizing their World Village Conference experience to the fullest.
- Be 17 – 30 years old
- Be passionate in village development.
- Be willing, and especially enjoying, to educate and live with villagers
- Have understanding on how to develop village economy while preserving the culture.
- Fall under one of these categories :
- University students around the world who have understanding on village-based economy, agriculture, culture-based economy or any field related to village-industry.
- University students around the world who have experience in village development.
- NGO representatives who have experience or deep enthusiasm on village development and village-based industry.
- Researcher or academician who have knowledge and can add value on developing village economy while preserving its culture
- Business owner or professionals who are interested in investing in Purwakarta village industry
- Have no prior village development but are very passionate in it. However, you have to have a very convincing post-program action plan.
- Applicants must be members of (or affiliated with) non-government and non-for-profit youth-led organizations, networks, initiatives or movements (led by youth for the benefit of youth) and have the ability to consult with and reach a wider group of young people, audience or network.
- The applicant understands English very well; possesses intermediate to fluent levels of English, which allow her/him to participate to the conversation and input.
- The applicant holds an international passport valid until at least November 30, 2016. (For a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into Indonesia)
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
In order to apply one must submit a complete registration form available on the website.
For more information, please visit WVC 2016.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.