Deadline- 24th February 2013
AIDS Accountability International (AAI), the African Union Commission (AUC) and the African Population Commission (APC) are inviting submission/participation from individuals, government representatives, civil society organisations (CSOs) and community based organisations (CBOs) based in Africafor greater African civil society organization representation in the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD).
The project’s objective is to develop an African Common Position Paper on ICPD which reflects and includes the perspectives, recommendations and expertise of African stakeholders.
- The draft document attached is the result of two community consultation meetings held in late 2012 in Johannesburg and Dakar, where forty African experts gave input with which have created the skeleton of this document.
- Then more experts are needed on selected fields to fill in the rest of the “meat” of the document. So its compulsory to read attached documents.
- Recommendations are required on field of expertise, and to comment on existing content. This is so that they have a document which honestly and completely reflects the opinions of all African stakeholders.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- Responses will be accepted in all the AUC languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili).
- Only individuals, government representatives, civil society organisations (CSOs) and community based organisations (CBOs) based in Africa may respond to this document. Respondents must also be of African origin. We cannot accept submissions from individuals from other regions who currently work and live in Africa.
- Applicants name, the name of organization, telephone and location should be included in their email so that Organizations are able to acknowledge applicant’s organisation and determine whether applicant and their organisation fit the inclusion criteria.
For more information, visit this link