Deadline: 3 January 2016
The Global Social Economy Forum -GSEF2016 is seeking proposals for an integrated vision of development in cities. The forum is meant to be a dynamic and participatory gathering, constructed in collaboration with local and international partners. The core theme of the Montréal edition of this forum, co-organized by the City of Montréal and the Chantier de l’économie sociale, is:
- Collaboration between local governments and
- The social and solidarity economy actors for the development of cities.
GSEF is a large international gathering that was initiated by the City of Seoul in 2013, in collaboration with its local social economy partners. More specifically, the GSEF2016 will present initiatives that have created jobs, improved quality of life, reinforced social cohesion, and fostered smarter and more sustainable development of cities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Share best practices from around the planet of public policy co-constructed for the development of the SSE in urban areas
- Identify opportunities and issues pertaining to collaboration between local governments and SSE actors
- Enable international actions to foster the development of the SSE
- Promote awareness of the SSE and recognition of its role in local development, especially among public stakeholders, the general public, and the private sector
- Reinforce the GSEF and its capacity to carry out its mission
- Enterprise and Job Creation
- Quality of Life and Living Environment
- Social Cohesion
- Relationships Between Urban and Rural Areas Youth
- Gender: Social and Solidarity Economy(SSE) and Women
- Indicators and Measures of Impact
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Social and solidarity economy organizations and networks
- Local governments: elected officials and civil servants
- Academics: researchers and students
- Private sector representatives
- Civil society stakeholders
How to Apply
Those interested in submitting a proposal for the GSEF2016 must complete the form provided on the Forum website mentioned below.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Global Social Economy Forum.