Deadline- 4 May 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
ICIMOD is inviting abstracts for Internationale conference on Gender and Sustainable Mountain Development in a Changing World.
The International Conference to be held in Thimphu, Bhutan on 15-19 October 2012.
Papers that focus on rigorous analyses integrating gender, sustainable development, and natural resource management issues in mountain contexts. Papers should be centered on any of the six themes of the conference as outlined below. They may emanate from various critical perspectives and fields of study – including but not limited to gender studies, women’s studies, anthropology, sociology, socioeconomics, political ecology, geography, development studies, governance, and environment studies – in the context of natural resource management and mountain development. We especially welcome papers focusing on the Hindu Kush Himalayas and other mountain contexts, as well as regionally focused comparative studies.
Conference Themes and Key Guiding Questions–
The focus of the conference is gender and sustainable mountain development in a changing world. Papers are expected to address some of the most urgent, emerging, and strategic questions pertaining to gender and natural resource management in mountain contexts. The following are some suggested questions centered on the six themes of the conference for consideration by potential paper authors:
- Climate Change: Gender and Adaptation
- Livelihoods: Gender Inclusive and Equitable Sustainable Development
- Governance: Gender-Responsive and Sensitive Policies and Plural Institutions
- Gender-Positive Change: Successes, Challenges, and Agenda-Setting for Gender Mainstreaming
- Ecosystems and Landscapes: Gender-Positive Benefit Sharing, Access, and Equity in Diverse Environments, Landscapes, and Common Property Regimes
- Water: Gender Equitable Access, Control, and Benefits of Water Resources and Management
For more information, visit this link