Deadline: 17 January 2016
Reach Out to Asia (ROTA) is seeking applications for its 8th Annual Youth Conference EMPOWER 2016 that will be held from 17th-19th March, 2016 to promote leadership, service learning and global citizenship. The proposed theme is “Innovation in Youth Social Entrepreneurship”.
EMPOWER2016, a three day event includes a combination of seminar panels, discussion, keynote speeches, and small group workshops, seminars, off site activities, exhibition and youth artistic performances.
Since 2009, EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues. Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
After the success of previous EMPOWERs, ROTA opened the conference to the Region and youth from international countries. The conference addresses a variety of issues related Sustainable Development and will focus this year on Innovation in Youth Social Entrepreneurship.
The main motive of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area Peaceful Societies, as the theme for this year’s EMPOWER conference.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 400 youth between the ages of 17-30 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realise their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Personal leadership: Promoting personal excellence including setting goals and forward planning, having personal mission statements, marketing one’s skills and abilities, positive attitude and healthy self-esteem.
- Service Learning: Promoting civic responsibility: a duty to one’s country, community and the world as a whole. The importance of valuing diversity; developing empathy alongside desire to help the vulnerable or to protect one heritage or the environment.
- Global Citizenship: Promoting youth voice on social justice issues like human rights, migrant worker situation, global economy, climate change and war and conflict.
EMPOWER conference seeks to attract up to 450 delegates from the following categories:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- 17-30 year old youths –primary target
- Secondary School Teachers
- Local Youth Groups/organizations
- Youth Activist from GCC and Arab Region
- University Student Affairs Officers
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ROTA’s EMPOWER 2016.