Deadline: 1 August 2015
Join nonprofit and foundation leaders from across the country as they challenge our current thinking and explore creative solutions that will make the nonprofit community even more effective!
The Bush Foundation of USA is currently accepting applications for scholarships to attend Independent Sector National Conference to be held at 26 to 29 October 2015. The scholarship is designed to promote diversity and inclusiveness. The Foundation Main Conference Scholarships are available to charitable sector leaders and professionals in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
The Independent Sector National Conference is the premier opportunity for people from across the nonprofit and philanthropic community to come together and examine pressing issues faced by the organizations and the communities served.
Awardees with scholarships that cover hotel accommodations will be assigned a hotel room for a certain number of nights, depending on the programming each awardee is scheduled to attend. Awardees with scholarships that cover flight/travel will be reimbursed after the conference.
Scholarship recipients will also be invited to a special Bush Foundation reception on the first day of the conference, where they can connect with one another.
- Eligible participants are established or emerging leaders of small- and mid-sized nonprofit organizations in USA with an annual budget of less than $5 million.
- Preference will be given to first-time applicants.
- The scholarship application period will run from May 2015 to July 31, 2015 and is open to both IS members and non-members.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply through the website after creating a new account.
In addition to basic information, you will be asked to answer two short essay questions:
- Briefly describe your plan to use and share lessons learned at the conference to strengthen your organization’s and the broader nonprofit community’s effectiveness.
- Describe your interest and intention to make connections and build networks both with other Bush Foundation scholarship recipients and other conference attendees.
For more information, please visit Scholarships.