Deadline: 13 April 2014
The Akili Initiative is inviting essay response of 500 words or less for the question – ‘What is the most important health problem facing youth in the world today, and why?’ for 2014 Akili Youth Health Post-2015 Essay Competition. The grand winner will get an opportunity to participate in the World Conference on Youth to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 6-10 May 2014.
Suggested Topics –
- Mental illness
- Road traffic injury
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Interpersonal violence (gun violence, intimate partner violence, or other)
Award to the Grand Prize Winner –
- Fully funded flight and accommodations to the World Conference on Youth
- Opportunity to take part in a crucial gathering of policy makers shaping the next era of health and development
- Opportunity to meet other youth leaders from around the world
- Opportunity to report live from the conference through social media.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Writers must be between 10-30 years of age.
- Writers must commit to attend the World Conference on Youth from 6-10 May 2014 if chosen as the winner.
- Essays must be 500 words or less and answer the question – What is the most important health problem facing youth in the world today, and why?
- Winner must have a valid passport through the end of the conference.
For more information, please visit Essay Submissions Page.
Develop your skills and increase your organisation’s capacity by taking part in one of FundsforNGOs upcoming webinars. Our experts will share their knowledge in an online training session that you can join from anywhere in the world. Discover the latest FundsforNGOs Webinars here.