Deadline: 10 November 2015
Civilizations Exchange and Cooperation Foundation is currently inviting eligible applicants around the world to submit papers on International Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) Conference to be held in Indonesia.
The conference serves as a critical step to create a better world, with people living together more collaboratively, and less in conflicts.
- Facilitate mutual understanding and appreciation between students from diverse regional, economic, social, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Learn about and discuss the practice of religion and faith in a pluralistic society with the objective of promoting tolerance, mutual respect, and an awareness of common values.
- Discuss the danger of religious extremism, fanaticism or ethnic nationalism, which has historically been the recipe for wars and conflicts in many civilizations.
- Introduce various aspects of leadership in the age of a “global village,” including those involving business and entrepreneurship.
- Forge ties of friendship between the participants, who are without doubt, the future leaders of tomorrow.
- Grand theme: Better Understanding as a Grand Tool to Face the World and South East Asia Challenges.
- Subtheme: Leadership roles in the age of global village.
- Subtheme: The blessing of religious and cultural diversity.
- Subtheme: Conflict resolution in managing challenges of social changes.
15 finalists will be chosen and invited to present their papers during the international conference free Conference fee (accommodation is excluded). There will be special rewards for the best paper presenters:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- 1st Best Presenter: IDR 7,500,000
- 2nd Best Presenter: IDR 5,000,000
- Two Best Participants: IDR 1,500,000 each paper
- The participants are expected to be 18-30 years old (Call for Application) and no age limit (Call for Paper) highly motivated individual, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Each paper is original work without any issues of plagiarism.
- Applicants can come from any region all over the world.
- Proficient in English.
- The participants should have a strong interest in interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- The participant are suggested to have a proven track record of previous and current activities on interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about Indonesia with its pluralism.
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive.
- Be willing and able to fully participate in the Better Understanding for Better World 2015 program.
- Be comfortable and prepared to share living accommodations, able to make adjustment to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- International participants are highly recommended to have passports.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must download the application form through the website and should send it via email.
For more information, please visit BUBW.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.