Deadline: 10 November 2015
Civilizations Exchange and Cooperation Foundation is currently inviting eligible applicants around the world to submit papers on International Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) Conference to be held in Indonesia.
The conference serves as a critical step to create a better world, with people living together more collaboratively, and less in conflicts.
- Facilitate mutual understanding and appreciation between students from diverse regional, economic, social, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Learn about and discuss the practice of religion and faith in a pluralistic society with the objective of promoting tolerance, mutual respect, and an awareness of common values.
- Discuss the danger of religious extremism, fanaticism or ethnic nationalism, which has historically been the recipe for wars and conflicts in many civilizations.
- Introduce various aspects of leadership in the age of a “global village,” including those involving business and entrepreneurship.
- Forge ties of friendship between the participants, who are without doubt, the future leaders of tomorrow.
- Grand theme: Better Understanding as a Grand Tool to Face the World and South East Asia Challenges.
- Subtheme: Leadership roles in the age of global village.
- Subtheme: The blessing of religious and cultural diversity.
- Subtheme: Conflict resolution in managing challenges of social changes.
15 finalists will be chosen and invited to present their papers during the international conference free Conference fee (accommodation is excluded). There will be special rewards for the best paper presenters:
- 1st Best Presenter: IDR 7,500,000
- 2nd Best Presenter: IDR 5,000,000
- Two Best Participants: IDR 1,500,000 each paper
- The participants are expected to be 18-30 years old (Call for Application) and no age limit (Call for Paper) highly motivated individual, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Each paper is original work without any issues of plagiarism.
- Applicants can come from any region all over the world.
- Proficient in English.
- The participants should have a strong interest in interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- The participant are suggested to have a proven track record of previous and current activities on interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about Indonesia with its pluralism.
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive.
- Be willing and able to fully participate in the Better Understanding for Better World 2015 program.
- Be comfortable and prepared to share living accommodations, able to make adjustment to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- International participants are highly recommended to have passports.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form through the website and should send it via email.
For more information, please visit BUBW.