Deadline: 1 December 2015
Papers are invited for first PUPOL International Conference!
The aim of the PUPOL (Public and Political Leadership) international academic network is to contribute to solutions and help societies and their leaders address such challenges through scholarship specifically focusing on the role of leaders and leadership in the public and political domain. One way to achieve this aim is through organizing international conferences – the first of which will be held on 7-8 April 2016 in the Netherlands.
The event will offer participants the opportunity to discuss their research. Paper proposals can be theoretically and/or empirically based, employ any of the existing methodologies (or introduce even new ones), as long as they highlight a specific (public or political) leadership topic linked to the conference theme. Paper proposals conveying research findings of interest to the real world are particularly encouraged.
- Submission deadline paper proposals and abstracts: 1 December 2015
- Submission deadline full papers and registration: 1 February 2015
- The role of leadership in solving wicked problems, on a national or international level. Especially comparative studies are encouraged;
- Processes and outcomes of leadership at societal, organizational, team and/or individual levels on key organizational outcomes such as public value(s) creation and public service delivery, creativity and innovation, PSM and/or public service ethos, ethical climate and organizational commitment etc.;
- Studies using one or more established leadership approaches (e.g., servant leadership, transformational leadership, ethical leadership, LMX);
- Development of public and/or political leadership measures;
- Negative forms of leadership (destructive leadership, abusive supervision, toxic leadership);
- Leadership and culture, especially intercultural comparison of leadership approaches and outcomes;
- Original methodological perspectives or the comparison of different methodological perspectives to study leadership, such as studies of biographies of leaders, historical studies, observations, Q-studies etc.
- Applicants must submit an online application form available on the website.
- The paper proposal should include applicant’s contact details, title of the paper, keywords and theme to which the paper is linked and an abstract.
- The abstract itself (excluding references) should be max. 1 A4 to facilitate the selection process.
- Based on the full papers, the organizers will invite authors of six papers for a special issue on the conference theme Leadership Challenges in a Global World.
For more information, please visit Call for Papers 2016.