Deadline: 18 January 2016
The Thomson Reuters Foundation with funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the specialized UN agency, is seeking applications from journalists around the world in order to bring them together in Rome to attend the IFAD Governing Council.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- to build specific expertise and increase familiarity and knowledge of issues faced by rural communities
- promote discussion and dialogue on how small-scale agriculture can respond to the growing demand for food
- the essential need to support rural transformation and smallholder agriculture.
IFAD works with those most affected by poverty, food security, gender inequality, environment and climate change. Thomson Reuters Foundation, through IFAD funding and support, offers full bursaries for journalists from developing world countries working for established media organisations.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The conference will allow journalist’s access to high profile delegates (including heads of state), leading experts in the issues, including IFAD and UN technical experts, as well as a number of small holder farmers who will be invited.
- Bursaries would include air travel expenses (economy class), accommodation, local transfers and meals.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- be full-time journalists or regular contributors to a media organisation.
- be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country, and should have at least two years’ professional experience
- have a good level in spoken and written English.
- have all the professional evidence of interest in the field of rural peoples’ issues and development.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Thomson Reuters Foundation.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.