Deadline: 5 July 2013
The United Nations Climate Change secretariat is calling for activities for selection under Momentum for Change: Urban Poor. Momentum for Change: Urban Poor celebrates activities which address climate change and improve livelihoods and living conditions in urban areas of developing countries and is implemented with the generous support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Momentum for Change Advisory Panel will select a small number of lighthouse activities to be recognized during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013.
The Momentum for Change: Urban Poor lighthouse activities will demonstrate measurable impact on the ground and the potential for replicability and scaleability at the local, national and international levels. They will be assessed and chosen against the following selection criteria:
- The activity must address climate change mitigation or adaptation in a developing country, while improving the lives of the urban poor;
- The activity must have been implemented, or is in the course of implementation;
- The activity must be scalable and/or replicable;
- The activity must demonstrate innovation and potential for long-term transformation change;
- The activity must be the result of an innovative partnership, which aims to achieve scalable, long-term results;
- The activity must deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits to an identified community, which has been appropriately engaged in the activity development processes;
- The activity must not be registered or have intentions to register as a CDM or JI activity for the next 2 years.
Applications will be judged on the basis of the form submitted; the Momentum for Change team may contact the applicant should further information be sought.
All activities that are considered to have met the selection criteria will be included in the Momentum for Change website. The information entered into the application form by the registered applicant, will comprise the basis for the entry, including a link to the activity’s own website. By submitting your activity to the call, you will provide it with a chance to become a part of a growing catalogue of climate change mitigation and adaptation activities serving to inspire and keep people abreast of the change already occurring around the world.
For more information, visit this link.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.