Deadline: 7 January 2016
The United States-Japan Foundation is inviting applicants for its US-Japan Leadership Program to create a network of talented and diverse young American and Japanese leaders brought together to foster dialogue, friendship and understanding between the two countries.
The Seventeenth Annual Conference will be held in Seattle, WA from July 23-30, 2016. Delegates who start the Program in 2016 are expected to return for their second year at the 2017 conference, currently scheduled to be held July 23-30, 2017 in Japan.
- The Foundation covers economy class direct travel expenses to and from Delegates’ home location to the conference site, as well as lodging expenses and official travel during the conference.
- Incidental and/or personal charges (e.g., telephone calls, laundry, etc.) during the Program are to be paid by the Delegates.
To qualify for the USJLP conferences:
- Candidates must hold U.S. or Japan citizenship,
- Be between the ages of 28 and 42 as of the first day of the 2016 conference (July 16, 2016),
- Have demonstrated leadership, achievement, or the potential for leadership in their respective fields.
- USJLP strives to achieve a diverse and balanced class each year, and consideration will be given to proven leaders from a broad spectrum of careers and backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by downloading the application sheet via given website.
For more information, please visit US-Japan Leadership.