Deadline: 10 May 2015
The Arab Funds for Arts & Culture (AFAC) is currently accepting applications from professional/emerging photographers for its Arab Documentary Photography Program (ADPP). The program provides up to 12 annual production grants of 5,000 USD each. Grantees are expected to work on their projects in their country of residence over a period of 8 months. The grant may be used to begin a new project or to complete work on an existing project.
The AFAC Documentary Program is a three-year program that funds and supports creative documentary films that address social realities in the Arab region. The program welcomes submissions of short, medium-length and feature documentary film projects that are in production and post-production. The selected projects will be given both financial as well as professional support by advisors and experts.
In addition, ADPP grantees will benefit from mentorship provided by top caliber program mentors and will be required to attend two specialized workshops to help them develop and produce their projects and consider avenues for distribution.
- Grantees will be expected to work on their project consistently over the course of the eight-month grant term and are expected to communicate with their mentors on a monthly basis via Skype or other available means.
- Grantees will be required to attend the first workshop. The partner organizations will evaluate the progress of each project and will reserve the right to withhold invitations to the second workshop if a grantee has not met expectations for objectives they have outlined in their implementation plan.
- June 2015- review and assessment of proposals
- July 7th 2015- announcement of selected grantees on website and social media
- August 13th-16th 2015- First ADPP Workshop
- February 13th-16th 2016- Second ADPP Workshop
- April 2016- Close of the second cycle
- Grants of 5,000 USD.
- Grantees travel and accommodation expenses during the workshop are not inclusive in the production grant but will be covered separately by the program.
- Mentorship will be provided by top caliber program mentors and will be required to attend two specialized workshops to help them develop and produce their projects
Read about the eligibility and application submission guidelines on the ‘Next’ page.