AFAC provides annual grants ranging from a few thousand U.S. dollars up to a maximum of fifty thousand U.S. dollars. The average grant is about twenty thousand dollars ( 20,000 US $).
Arab Fund’s General grants are available in various categories mentioned below.
- Deadline for Cinema applications: August 7th, 2015
- Deadline for Music and Research/Training/Regional Events applications: September 1st, 2015
AFAC General Grant Categories
AFAC supports projects in the following fields:
- Performing Arts: AFAC offers funding for development and production of theatre, dance and other forms of performing arts.
- Visual Arts: AFAC offers funding for production and organization of art exhibitions, installations, and other forms of visual arts.
- Cinema: AFAC offers funding for development and scriptwriting, production and post-production of animation, documentary, experimental and narrative films in short, medium and feature lengths.
- Music: AFAC offers funding for music productions, performances, collaborations, album recordings and other musical projects.
- Research, Training and Regional Events (RTR): AFAC offers funding for studies and workshops in cultural and artistic fields, collaborative projects among artists and academics, multi-media libraries, archives and cultural documentation.
- Literature: Starting from 2014 for a period of three years, and as a result of an assessment of the last cycles of the literature general call and the feedback of our juror committees, this category is being replaced by a special program designed to develop the creative writing capacities of aspiring Arab authors. This special program is called the AFAC Novel Writing Program.
Place and Duration
- Projects may be implemented anywhere as long as they are created by Arab artists or – as in the case of non-Arab institutions – relevant to the Arab region.
- The project’s time frame should not exceed 24 months.
Read the eligibility criteria and application procedure for AFAC General Grants in the Next article.